Agreement for Scientific Cooperation with the Romanian Academy of Sciences signed in 1991. Three Romanian Scientists visited Israel under the Agreement in 2001, and seven Israeli scientists visited Romania.
The Romanian Academy, founded in 1866, is the highest cultural forum of scientific recognition and fundamental research in the country. It has 181 full and corresponding members and 135 honorary members from Romania and abroad. The Academy has three main branches and is divided into 14 scientific sections that co-ordinate the activity of 66 institutes and centres for research in humanities, social sciences and life sciences. It has a publishinbg house and extensive library containing 7 million books and collections of drawings, engravings, maps and coins. The Academy organizes meetings and bestows annual prizes for main scientific achievements.
125, Calea Victoriei
Phone: (+40 1) 312-2760
Fax: (+40 1) 312-0209 / 211 6608