The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities is the preeminent organization in Israel’s scholarly and scientific community. It was established by law
for the purpose of convening Israel’s top scientists, fostering and promoting scientific activity, advising the government on research issues and scientific planning of national importance, cultivating contacts with parallel organizations outside Israel, representing Israeli science in international institutions and conferences, and publishing work that advances science and scholarship. The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities views fostering and developing the system of basic scientific research as a goal of national importance.
The Israel Academy is seeking a full-time Coordinator of Special Programs and Fellowships.
- Responsibility for coordinating and managing fellowship programs and various projects;
- Maintaining ongoing relations with government bodies, institutions of higher education, donors and philanthropic organizations, and with researchers, and coordinating activities with them;
- Managing databases and information resources;
- Organizing and running conferences, workshops, seminars and study tours;
- Editing and producing digital and printed publicity materials;
- Responsibility for additional projects at the behest of the Academy’s management.
- Fluent English and Hebrew, written and spoken;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, efficient time management, flexibility and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to initiate activities and drive processes;
- Ability to work at both intra-organizational and extra-organizational interfaces;
- Familiarity with the higher education systems in Israel and abroad – an advantage;
- Experience working with donors – an advantage;
- Minimum BA degree or equivalent.
Full-time position, reporting to the Director of the Academy Starting date – immediate; place of work – Jerusalem